Marie Foster Cancer Reflections

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today is a special day for me, it's 4 years of pain, scars, personal struggles, and emotional trauma's. Roller coastering through life with cancer. It's also much more than that to me. It's how far I've come, how much a human really can endure and "LIVE" to tell about it. It's about how to fight and strive and make your dreams come true no matter what life throws in your path. It's about how to pick up the pieces of a personal hurricane in your life and put it back together again. My scars serve to remind me day after day of what a warrior I am. A reminder that one battle after another, I may have been wounded but I did survive and came out the victor. I will win the war!

My physical pain has reminded me to be humble, never to judge another till you walk in their shoe's and that I am only human. My mental pain takes longer to heal but life does goes on and you can't spend your time living in the past, you must live in the now and make the best of whatever is given you.

All the loss has taught me you can go on and move ahead regardless of your loss. You take one day at a time and rebuild and regroup. You really can loose your friends, your family, your home, and your job and hit bottom and get back up again. When it's all said and done, only your health can't be replaced.

Cancer, has become my friend, my job, my home, and my life. I have learned to embrace it and keep it close. Cancer is not my enemy it's just my way of life. It is as much a part of me as my right arm, my best friends, my children. It just "IS". I have made it, I have survived, I am the warrior and so much more, I am woman hear me roar!

Posted by Hiroshi at 7:43 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment